1. Chin, M. J. (Forthcoming). School district consolidation in North Carolina: Impacts on school composition and finance, crime outcomes, and educational attainment. Economics of Education Review.
2. Chin, M. J. (2022). The stability of families’ revealed preferences for schools. Educational Researcher.
3. Chin, M. J. (2021). Desegregated but still separated? The impact of school integration on student suspensions and special education classification. Journal of Urban Economics.
4. Chin, M. J. (2020). The effect of English learner reclassification on student achievement and noncognitive outcomes. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness.
5. Chin, M. J., Quinn, D., Dhaliwal, T. K., & Lovison, V. (2020). Bias in the air: A nationwide exploration of teachers’ implicit racial attitudes, aggregate bias, and student outcomes. Educational Researcher.
6. Warikoo, N., Chin, M., Zillmer, N., & Luthar, S. (2020). The influence of parent expectations and parent-child relationships on mental health in Asian American and White American families. Sociological Forum.
7. Bacher-Hicks, A., Chin, M. J., Kane, T. J., & Staiger, D. O. (2019). An experimental evaluation of three teacher quality measures: Value-added, classroom observations, and student surveys. Economics of Education Review.
8. Charalambos, C. Y., Hill, H. C., Chin, M., & McGinn, D. (2019). Mathematical content knowledge and knowledge for teaching: Exploring their distinguishability and contribution to student learning. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education.
9. Kelcey, B., Hill, H. C., & Chin, M. (2019). Teacher mathematical knowledge, instructional quality, and student outcomes: A multilevel quantile mediation analysis. School Effectiveness and School Improvement.
10. Chin, M. J., Kane, T. J., Kozakowski, W., Schueler, B. E., & Staiger, D. O. (2018). School district reform in Newark: Within- and between-school changes in achievement growth. ILR Review.
11. Hill, H. C., & Chin, M. (2018). Connections between teachers’ knowledge of students, instruction, and achievement outcomes. American Educational Research Journal.
12. Hill, H. C., Charlambos, C. Y., & Chin, M. J. (2018). Teacher characteristics and student learning in mathematics: A comprehensive assessment. Educational Policy.
13. Lynch, K., Chin, M., & Blazar, D. (2017). Relationships between observations of elementary mathematics instruction and student achievement: Exploring variability across districts. American Journal of Education.
14. Caruso, E. M., Boven, L. V., Chin, M., & Ward, A. (2013). The Temporal Doppler Effect: When the future feels closer than the past. Psychological Science.